I thought today i would share with you some of my new make up. As you all know i have very sensitive skin and can struggle with all products that come into contact with it. I use to be a huge fan of maybelline dream satin foundation, however recently my skin has been having a reaction to it. So i thought i would try one from The Body Shop as it is all natural ingredients however i found there was only a small range of colours to choose from, even using the palest colour they had it wasnt a very good match. I have very pale skin, especially on my face as i dont fake tan my face (it makes me look dirty). This foundation ended up making me look extremely orange... even with a light powder over the top of it.
Naturally i immediately went to Debenhams to the Clarins counter where i was met with an absolutely amazing standard of service. The sales assistant listened to the problems i was facing, sat me down and knew exactly which colour and type of foundation would match my skin type and tone.
She suggested i used the everlasting foundation in wheat. I have to say i have loved this product since to moment it touched my skin. It has a very light feel to it yet gives a complete coverage. It does come at a price of £24 which is quite pricey for just a foundation but its definately worth it if you struggle like i do. Our faces are so delicate we must look after them girls. Ive also found with this product there is no need for reapplication throughout the day, with the maybelline dream satin liquid i found i often had to reapply within a few hours.
The clarins foundation smells absolutely divine. I would recommend for anyone even if you dont have any skin troubles.
I also decided i needed a new face powder. I love the mac pressed powder but i am struggling to find it anywhere in preston. I have tried other face powders such as the Rimmel stay matte pressed powder and the body shops own one. Again i have to say i have not been a fan, i struggled to find a colour to match in both the products and i also found once on it made my skin feel dried out.
I like to use a face powder just to set my foundation, with the Clarins foundation you dont really need a powder as it has a matt finish, but i just like to use one to get that finished look and feel. I have also found my makeup stays on alot better when i use a face powder.
Anyway so i went into superdrug to have a look to find a 'next best' powder to the Mac one, i came across the Max factor creme puff. I have to say after the first application i fell in love with this product. I managed to find the perfect match to my foundation and skin tone, it doesnt dry my skin out and leaves a beautiful looking complexion (along with being another product that smells divine). It also comes at a nice price of £5.99.
I thought id try the maybelline Rocket volume mascara simply because it was on offer (why not!!). I do like this product it gives a great look to your eyelashes with no clumps or stickiness. I dont know about you guys but lately ive found mascaras are getting sticky. This was on offer at £4.99.
Lastly (sorry about the long post) i have this bobby brown travel brush set. Im not sure how much this was as it was my mums, she had no use for it so it thought why not. This is a great little set and comes in a neat travel case. It includes a contour brush (perfect for creating those cheekbones and shadowing), a powder brush, eyeliner and lip brush, eyebrow styler, two eyeshadow applicators and a smudge brush. This is perfect to stick in your handbag if you have to travel or like me you dont have alot of space in your room for a whole draw of different brushes. This set feels amazing on your skin and makes applying your makeup stress free. I dont know what i would do without it now, my previous brushes were only cheap and like cheap brushes do they shed alot. This set has absolutely no shedding.
So there you go guys i hope this was helpful to some of you out there. Sorry it was so long.
Have a lovely day,
Kirsty
xxxxxx
Facebook-Twitter-Pinterest-Hellocotton

No comments:
Post a Comment